Cover letter for internship
Writing a cover letter to help you land a great internship? Here's an example of a pitch that hits all the right notes.
Use these cover letter tips to get an internship.
Writing a cover letter to get an internship can be intimidating. By using well-chosen words, you can make a good impression. While your letter needs to be customized to individual circumstances, this sample cover letter below can help an aspiring intern's cause.
For additional writing tips, join Monster today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter for an internship.
451 Highland Ave. #45 | Sometown, TX 75000 | (555) 555-5555
Jan. 5, 2017
Mr. James Crowley
555 W. Applegarth Blvd.
Anytown, TX 75000
Dear Mr. Crowley:
Two of your former interns, Brian Hodges and Martha Smith, suggested I contact you regarding finance internship opportunities. They are familiar with my background and felt I would be an excellent match for your summer internship program.
Currently a junior majoring in finance at UNT, I have demonstrated strong academic performance in all finance courses, maintaining a 3.5 GPA in my major. The courses I have completed have given me a solid foundation in the tools, processes and methodologies involved in the successful analysis and management of portfolio-investment strategies. I have a proven ability to learn challenging concepts quickly and have developed competencies in diverse areas, including:
In addition to my analytical strengths, I bring to the table advanced computer skills (with cross-platform exerptise in Windows and Mac); expertise in the MS Office suite of products; and familiarity with programming languages including SQL, HTML and VB.
Since starting college, I have worked part-time (summers/holidays/evenings) as a clerk at Wal-Mart. In this position, I have earned a reputation for consistently exceeding company and customer expectations. Wal-Mart's store manager has asked me to return this summer, but I yearn to gain corporate finance experience. I am impressed by Acme's innovation and success, and I would very much like to be part of such a winning company.
The enclosed resume provides more details of my skills and achievement track record. If you agree that I would make a valuable addition to your team, please feel free to call me at (555) 555-5555 or email me at email@example.com. I know you are busy, so thank you for your time, and I look forward to speaking with you.
Cover Letter Tips for Hotel and Hospitality
Its very challenging when you find yourself in need of another job. Whether it is because of being laid off, fired or phased out of a position, its not easy to put yourself out there again after being let go. You can be successful and have a new, better position by following the tips below.
1. Try not to be negative during your search for jobs in Hotel and Hospitality. Focus on what you can do in the future and channel your energy into putting your best foot forward.
2. Make a decision about your path. You may choose to get hired in a position that is exactly like the one you left, or you may choose a job in a new career that uses your top skills.
3. Be creative in your job search. Try to figure out unique places where job leads may come from. Reading professional journals, checking out message boards on the Internet, or attending networking events may lead to jobs in Hotel and Hospitality.
4. Work on your speaking skills to help you prepare for the important interview. Make it a point to research common interview questions, and take time to rehearse stating your answers to such questions.
5. Its not always about what you know, but who you know. Be sure to make contacts with as many people as possible connected to the company or industry you are hoping to get employment with.