Integrating a society and expanding human rights has always shattered tradition, and we have consistently been better off for it.
Gay couples can't produce children.
Marriage is a reflection of the biological necessity of a one-to-one heterosexual union for procreation, true enough, and it provides a legal framework that strengthens that union for the benefit of all. But that's not all marriage is, by any means, which is why the law generally allows prisoners to marry even when they're likely never to be released, has no bar against elderly couples getting married, imposes no fertility requirements on prospective marriage partners and considers long-term childless marriages equal to others.
Further, lesbian couples often get pregnant (with outside help, admittedly, but many heterosexual couples get outside help as well) and their families could benefit as well from the legal framework of marriage.
Having a mom and a dad is better for children than having two moms or two dads.
I had an impassioned email argument on just this point last week with an old friend who otherwise supports full equal rights for gays and lesbians.
"My intuitive sense and common sense tells me there are benefits to heterosexual two-parent situations," he wrote (our entire exchange is published online at chicagotribune.com/zorn ). "Legions of people with years of parenting wisdom think there is a difference between two dads or moms, and one of each. The burden of proof is on those who want to set aside the widely accepted norm."
First, no, when it comes to denying a basic right to a class of people, the burden of proof falls on those who rely on intuition and common sense – which, I'm just sayin', happen to be the support pillars of all forms of bigotry – rather than evidence.
Benefits? Harms? Quantify them or stand down.
Making that case won't be easy. Studies show little developmental or social difference between children raised by heterosexual parents and children raised by homosexual parents. In fact on 2010 study in the journal Pediatrics found that children of lesbians scored better in such areas as self esteem, behavior and academic performance than children of straight parents.
Second, even if we concede for the sake of discussion that a stable, loving male-female couple is the gold standard for parenting, it's otherwise offensive to deny those who fall short of the gold standard the right to marry.
For instance, even if data-mining researchers could demonstrate a strong probability that certain pairings would produce suboptimal parents --- couples without high school diplomas, say, or couples with a 30-year gap in their ages or couples with three or more divorces between them -- we would never think of denying such couples marriage licenses.
Legalizing same-sex marriage will put us on the slippery slope toward legalizing polygamy.
The practical and philosophical arguments pro and con for multiple-partner marriages (hey, you want to talk about tradition!) are largely distinct from the arguments pro and con about marriage equality. Historians find, for instance, that it destabilizes a society when some men take many wives and leave large numbers of other men without the opportunity to mate.
Same-sex marriage does not fundamentally alter the basic idea of two people agreeing to unite for life and taking on the responsibilities and privileges of that agreement.
Proposals to legalize multiple-partner marriages, should they ever seriously arise in the legislatures and the courts, would be considered separately from laws regarding single-partner marriages, just as the law now considers alcohol separately from crack cocaine, and hasn't slid helplessly down the slope to legalize them both.
Same-sex marriage trivializes and therefore weakens the institution of heterosexual marriage.
I almost didn't include this argument on the list because it's faded so dramatically in recent years as country after country, state after state has allowed gays and lesbians to marry with no measurable detriment to straight marriage or conventional families.
The gay marriage is the name given to the people who marry their partners of their own sex. This is also called as the same sex marriage or the homosexual marriage. These kind of marriage consists of various benefits and disadvantages. Although being one of the three major types of the sexual orientations, this is the most abhorred type of the sexual orientations. Though the scientific reason for the people to indulge in the homo sex is not widely known by the doctors, the most common reason of the homosexuality is the complex combinations of the environmental, biological and genetic influences. The debate as to the status of the homosexuality is still being discussed there are many people who favour their claims that the act of same sex is not unnatural but natural.
There are many cultures and traditions that openly condemn the act of homosexuality on the grounds of religion. There are two unique words used to designate the people of the male and female gender who practice the homosexuality. They are gays for men and lesbians for females. The act of the homo sexual practices are also seen in most of the non human species of the earth like the animals. This homosexual relationship between the people of the same sex is not something new but has been practiced by the people all throughout the history. There are many proofs to prove this fact. But only in these modern times major concern has been caused to them that has indeed caused an uproar. Throughout the history, the homosexual people have been applauded, threatened, killed, abhorred and persecuted in the world.
At the end of the nineteenth century, some institutions that support the same sex marriages have started to raise the idea of legalizing the same sex marriages in the world. This was first felt in the western countries of Europe and America. Though this raised a tumultuous spark, they are being acknowledged by all the people in the world. There are certain laws made in many countries to legalize the same sex marriages. But some religious institutions still oppose the idea and call it an act that defiles the very existence of the humanity. There are several political parties in the world that accept the practice of homosexuality for various purposes and continue to express their views about them uncontroversial.
The gay couples and the lesbian couples are able to satisfy their couples just as much like the heterosexual couples but it has been considered to be a defilement of the natural law of life. The major concern of this article is to highlight the pros and risks of the same sex marriage to let the readers form a valid reasoning in their minds about it. The gay marriage is a legal one in many countries. There are various pros and cons too available. So let’s see the pros and cons of a Gay marriage.
Advantages Of Gay Marriage :
With so many countries legalizing the gay marriages in the world it is better to have a clear idea of the various advantages that the gay marriages have to offer. So the major advantages of the gay marriages are elaborated below.
- The classification of the government on the basis of their sexuality is not right. The act of allowing some people to marry and not consenting the others to marry is against the constitution. So in order to escape the criticism that the government classifies the gay people as second class citizens the government has granted freedom to the people to marry any one of their choice.
- In some countries the legally married couples can benefit from the various exemptions of the governments like the tax exemption benefits and perks. So the same sex couples can also benefit from these exemptions and benefits.
- The traditional marriage customs were a thing of the past and the way the world looks into the matters has evolved drastically too. So it is high time for the government to legalize the homosexual relationships to have a tension free world.
- The basic need of the living beings in this world is love. The idea that only the straight couple must only benefit from the love is very old and the same sex people can also benefit from the love they have towards each other. There is no barriers to show love.
- As the argument the people bring forth against the same sex relationships is only religious. So there are no ways to prove the ill effects of the gay marriages. So it is futile.
- The transfer of the properties after divorce from one person to another person is usually tax free in the case of the heterosexual couples and the same goes for the gay people.
- Approving the consent to the gay marriage is like protecting the rights of the people. The gay people are a minority and it is the right of the majority normal people to protect the rights of the minorities.
- If a person becomes gay then the whole family gets discriminated. This is very bad. In case if the gay marriages are legalized, then the families that have a gay member can live with dignity and respect in the society.
- The same sex rights are a right and not a claim. Therefore restricting a person on the basis of their sexuality will breed hatred and prejudice against a particular group of the people. So this must be stopped by the normal people in order to spread love.
- In some countries, there is a law that getting married to a person of that country will enable a foreigner to become the citizen of that country fast. So in case if any women is not available then the men can resort to the gay marriages just for the sake of getting the citizenship of that nation.
- The idea of legalizing the gay marriages will help to stop the rapes in the developing nations.
- Like the normal married couples, the gay couples can become entitled to all the properties of the deceased spouse. This is a good news to them.
- Raising children is not only limited to the normal couples, even the same sex couples can also adopt children of their choice and rear them.
- The gay couples can also own properties. The only condition is that they must be formally married.
- When any members of the same sex couples get injured, then the government provides the disability relief fund to the other partner if the family largely relies on the injured person for its sustenance.
- In case if the same sex couples decide to do away with their children then the child will be taken under the custody of the government.
- Now that the life of the people has evolved it is high time for the people for the people to move on to the next evolutionary phase of the life on this planet and give way to the new ideas being generated.
Related: SEX Before Marriage Advantages
Disadvantages Of Gay Marriage :
Though the married people of the same sex have their own legit claims to make themselves sound good, there are many ways by which the people who refute the claims of the gay people make themselves superior and right. The following are the disadvantages of the gay marriage.
- Terming something as a marriage does not make it a marriage. The adherents of the natural law of life refute the claims of the unnatural people who get married to the people of the same sex. They claim that the marriage is said to be the covenant between the two people of the man and the woman. So they claim these beastly claims to be abolished from becoming the legal ones. This gets evident by the differences of the biological, mental and the physiological aspects of the people.
- The main aim of the marriage is sanctity and harmony towards a man and his wife and also to procreate the world. The concept of the gay marriage undermines the basic meaning of marriage.
- The marriage is a natural law. It is the only animals that guided by their beastly instincts commit incest with each other. But it has been said that the man is above the animal world and must abhor from these incestuous practices. Any one who commits wrong against the natural law is guilty of violating the rules of the nature. So these have to be detested.
- The children that get adopted by the children of the same sex marriage is the worst to suffer. The growing need the warmth and affection of its own biological father and mother. A mother and a father have their unique roles to play in the life of the child. But if the children gets adopted by the people of the same sex, who have no blood relations to them, there are chances for the baby to be deprived of the natural love and affection of the parental love.
- There is no harm in legalizing the gay marriages as some people argue. But if it is done, then the very base and the foundation of the moral world will be shaken to the core. The laws of the nature are the guiding principles of the man and they must be obeyed. The next generation will think that the homosexual relations are good and will begin to have relationships with the animals as a further disgrace to the human race. The sanctity of marriage will also get affected.
- Some supporters of the gay marriage are of the opinion that as the people fight for the racial equality so is the right to fight for the same sex marriage. This notion is wrong at its very core. The two unfitting people of the opposite genders wishing to marry is very different than the two people of the same sex to marry. This is called as an incest while the former is only a normal human issue.
- The union of the males and females results in the birth of a child. But the marriage between the two people of the same sex is considered to be sterile, meaning that it is very worse than preventing the growth of the fetus using the contraceptive pills. All in the world, the gay people can do is to adopt a baby that is not related to them in any way. Whereas the baby born out of the heterosexual relationship is made of the flesh and bones of the both the parents.
- The gay marriage wrongly uses the grants of the state by disguising itself as a marriage but in reality it is false. The gay marriage is very sterile by nature and the state has to extend its cordial grants to the true married couples.
- Any good things in the world will need no imposture on the moral aspects of the life. But the gay marriage pushes its way into the various aspects of the life. The owners will be forced to rent their premises to the gay owners, the business people will be made to forcefully make their dealings with the gay people and so on.
- If the government is forced to accept the gay marriages, then in no time there will be a movement to legalize the sexual intercourse between a human and an animal. So this outrageous issue must be stopped from affecting all the people of the earth.
- The main refute for this is the claim that the gay marriages oppose God. If any person or a society opposes the natural laws laid by the Eternal force they are bound to bring harm on themselves.
- In case of transferring the properties to the names of the children, the same sex couple will face many problems that are faced by the unmarried couples.
Final thoughts :
In case if the people need to make decisions about their married life then they have to be aware of the rights and the laws that exist in the premises of the government. The people must find the differences between the need to marry and the not to marry aspects of the life. In case if anyone has any doubts about it, they must approach a legal advisor for the advice.
Filed Under: RelationshipsTagged With: Gay, Marriage, SAME SEX MARRIAGE